Wednesday, March 6, 2013

More poetry.

Cinders
I crush
out
the heat
from the room
nothing but
your kiss
remains
it overpowers me
drives me
to want
to do
crazy things
like tell you
that I love you
all over again

Bleak
Holding onto
the metal pole
I steadied myself
against the
swaying bus
our fingers touched
for just a moment
and then
you pulled away
turned
and ignored me
all the day home

Red
Short steady paces
they crumble
in the wandering wind
crushed
like every grand dream
no one waits
at the end
of the line
fifteen minutes
to go
to cross
It is empty

Cocoon
Needle in
blood streams out
pale and light headed
there is a cold
wind
surfacing
against the steady
rush
of rain
I watch
as it drips
out of my hand
like red water
against the hospital
floor
there is no
stopping it
I do not fight
I accept my fate
lay back
and open
my mouth
against what flies
between the waves

Puppy
Broccoli feet
running
red
flickers of fur
brushing the ground
making little dreadlocks
we hold her close
and keep her warm
never will she fall
again

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Hollis, love what I am reading..you rule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much James!!! I appreciate your input!!! Keep it coming...:)

      Delete