Friday, March 8, 2013

More poems......

Cool
Green grass
on a hot
summer day
the leaves
falling from trees
when they say it
is the end
I think
that they
are lying
it couldn't be
on a day
as beautiful
as this
white sky
no noise
I fall into
the pit
crying

Can
Gaping cut
across my thumb
I hold
a towel
close
to stop
the bleeding
dripping
on the floor
and into
the carpet
it leaves
a stain
the dogs
go to
investigate

Sweet
You walk
to the store
for yourself
grabbing
what you need
but every time
I am brought back
a present
from your travels
a think about
to let me know
that even after
so long
you still
love me

Sit, stay
It is the end dear
there is nothing left for us
I wipe away tears

Pain
Smile
envelope the room
with warmth
makes everyone
wonder why
you are so happy
even when
the world
is crashing down

2 comments:

  1. Am loving your poems ... perfect little observations sewn up in an uncluttered pocket ... I think it's time i gave you another one of mine to read ... as usual i define mine by rythmn, i'm not very deep or cryptic! ...

    FLOWER ARRANGING(1990)
    Lily loves the lustrous lilacs
    proudly-petalled, purple peace;
    whitely-whisped the whistling warbler
    woos west-wind's increase.
    How Daisy dotes on dandy daffs,
    simple, sinless, softly-scented,
    Gaily garlands generous-gifted
    A hundred heavy hearts uplifted.
    Rosemary rightly reveres roses,
    flaunting freshly fragrant faces,
    blooming, bountiful, breathless beauty,
    savours strong the sun's embraces.
    Heather hankers the handsome hyacinth
    belle of belles brimming beautious,
    mauve, majestic, momentous memories
    far-flown fantasy, fate fortuitous.
    And flora favours flowers flourishing
    ardent abundance in aesthetic array,
    nature's natural nourishing nectar
    a dazzling diamond dream display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Ian!!!! I love your poetry!!! Send more!!! Thank you for your kind words....:)

    ReplyDelete