Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Love
It's all
about the word
I wait
to hear it
calling from
my room
in hopes
of you telling me
promises
that you can't keep
it's been locked up
for so long
I graduate down
sleeves of metal
on my body
and you
an empty palm

Fragile
Storing these
small amounts
of data
there is
an endless supply
of forget me nots
The driving
force
behind all kisses
remembering what
once was
and replaying it
over and over
on a continuous loop
crying out
when the past
doesn't meet
future expectations
there is only
the silence
to keep what
is illusive
free from harm

Sylvia
Sinking inward
I pass the time
trying to keep
the music
in my mind
the water runs
cold
and swollen
against my eyes
the seeds spark
soft
they need no light
to expand
these thoughts
these harbingers
of all things wrong
they progress
just fine on their own
piles of dirt
in my backyard
new bodies
killed and buried
without reason
or dissolution
the car waits
parked
by the side of the road
and all I can think of
is the knife by my side
how deep can I plunge it in
there are no words
no escape
just the sound
of the music
to set
me free

Orphan
Soak up
the red wine
and whiskey
spilled
on the counter
with tiny hands
there is no one there
to drink with
only the echoes
of the footsteps
of children

Visitor
Pressed
neatly
up against
the glass
his face
long and hollow
pulling teeth out
deep and sore
from the back
of his throat
no blood
not a drop
and you wonder
if he is what
you have been praying for

Photograph
I can smell
your hair
pine and Burgundy
all mixed
in sweet
syrupy
sap

Flirt
Gray
lights fire
like raw wood
pushing onto lips
newly formed
lip stick
stained teeth
and all that
keeps
its distance

No comments:

Post a Comment