Tuesday, March 19, 2013

7 new poems

Date
Small pieces
shattered around
the floor
escaping with
what I neglected
there is nothing
to do now
but face
the fear
I stand over
your body
trembling
in the dirt
sand scuffling
up my shoes
the ruffles
of my dress
grow sour
smile
at the hole
in the ground
I dug all night
stars above me
so that it fits
perfectly
there is nothing else
to do now
accept
push
you
in

Break
Swimming
far away
in silence
reaching a state
where the water
makes more sense
than the land
I admit
that I am broken
that I am filled
with sadness
clusters of fish
beneath my feet
the colors
of dreams
passing before me
I think of you
always wire
rubber
and set
with chemicals
the smell of
burning fuel
that has set
into my skin
I draw away
into the dark
and deep waters
until there is
nothing left of me
but sand

Moles
There is
a plush
carpet
beneath my feet
burning into
the small
and coarse
lines
dents
of my soles
as I take another step
and I am delayed
in beginning
in finishing
once was a part of me
a long time ago
I am ready to end
ready to say goodbye
and good night
to all those
that used to
wish me well
my hand is on
the doorknob
I am almost free

Wedding
Silver folding in
pressing the ring into you
I give up and fall

Alone
I am gone
flying
caught
in the curves
of smoke
that billow
from your roof
it has been
a hard road
to travel
but
I understand
what I must do now

Little
Music
from far away
I hear
it pacing
in my ears
like an expectant father
handing out cigars
ignoring the pain
I swish
the iodine
around my mouth
and burst into flame
there is no peace now
no happy ending
I cuddle my book
against my chest
and pray
for death

Midnight
You far off  away
clutching your hand in the dark
You get up and leave

No comments:

Post a Comment