Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A few words....:)

Height
Palm
twisting 
turning
reaching
but 
f
a
l
l
how close 
to be 
to something 
so wonderful
the air
rectangular 
and proud
it beats still
new 
against my chest
with all the shadows
casting their eyes
down
to the beat
of my heart

Eat
Can you?
curious
it is in the folds
of conversation 
that we disagree
wrinkles around eyes
my hands are beginning
to look the part
the rushing wire
it empties 
about the stream
over a distant 
moon
where 
no one 
lives 
anymore
how bitter 
are the seeds
that hold
such sweet fruit.

Normal
The plain
beige couch
sitting against
the white wall
oh how 
the colors 
will rise against
that
which they do not 
understand
and call upon
their efforts
to change 
and enhance
strange 
as it is
to see 
them do 
their work
without eyes
to see
bulbs 
of light 
press into 
the skin
blistering 
from the pain
and all 
is right 
with the world

Cruel
How do I part with you?
restless feet
wandering across 
dark purple sheets
the touch
never happens
kick
but 
in my mind 
there is 
an endless supply
of emotion
like a wavering sea
this is who I am 
for always

Rope
R o u n d 
rhythm of speech
vowel after vowel
the warped mingling 
of words
yelled across
the hallway
in one 
straight
line
cautiously
opening 
locked door
the bitter sun
cruel with lack of 
integrity 
speaks 
syllable after syllable
leave me alone
there is no reason
to burn
the fire 
is beneath 
my feet now
and all that aches 
is the rush
of my mind

Smoke
Footsteps tile down
there is no warning from hate
bare skin kisses out

Dead
Reading tombs 
of silk thread
perch 
legs bent
blood beckoning
born for this
jump




No comments:

Post a Comment