Thursday, August 22, 2013

Poems.....:)

Gentleman
Click
the smile 
comes back
into play
and all
the world
drops down 
to their knees
high expectations
for a man
so low

Hold me
Run
stand
in a room
so cold
that nothing moves
accept the jagged piece
of glass 
on the corner 
of the stool
your fingers 
tasting it
little by little
until ice collects
soaking through
your skin
I traveled there once
when I was young 
and full of hope
I pressed my face
against the fire
and held tight
towards his burn

Skull
Kitchen
kettle
whistle
pot
water
hot
drizzle them 
with olive oil
and prick their skin
let another one in

Escape
No matter what
leave without me
crawl 
if you have to
remembering 
only what you need

The school dance
Sweet kisses rise down
I lean back into his arms
blessing made formal

Quiet
When I love you
it is out of hope
remembering the quiet calm
before the storm
the laughter
before the waves 
of anger
and all 
that is good
collects into a small short ball
and goes to sleep 

Answer
Would you ever
have a hard time
telling me
that you loved me?
whispering
the words 
in your ear
I hold your hand
tenderly
and pause

No comments:

Post a Comment