Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New poems....yes, it has been a while....free verse....


Keep
Am I confronting you?
Over reacting
in one unconscious line
pulling the spoke from the wheel
not paying attention to
the black clouds looming
ahead
and
all around
It is you that I despise
you creature of comfort
swiveling in your seat
puckers of leather
under the sweat
while I endure
the curse of the gods
swallowing my spit
and watching as
the music fades
into the background

Love
How long have I been in your heart?
You the seeker of men
pale skin
plucked from my brow
it is cold here
winter running
sliding
skating
over summer and spring
to get to first place
a metal dangling
in the air
and all the colors
of the warm ocean
wave after wave
pouring down
on the sightless eyes
settling into the salt
while we are measured

Wedding
Sizzling into the sand
stretching what was
my long finger
deep into the Earth
I lost my ring
down there
in this culmination
of glass and dust
I climb onto the ground
not being vain
my humble ear
taking in
a pound
of raw meat
tender to the touch
I hear you whisper
down here
the frustration
of your cries
as I hold my tongue
and slip on silver

Pitchfork
Skeletal framework
collected crosses on twine
red lights shine down hard

Patience
I touch the burn on your thumb
the redness has gone away now
and there is a scar beginning to form
from the time you made
me dinner
and pulled
that large
metal
pan
out of the oven
forgetting the small space
where the mitt
didn't cover
all for me
for me to be happy
and fed
I smile up into your face
and kiss your cheek
hungry

Death
Rolling
the dreadful notion
of falling
down
and
up
unsatiated
licking the juice
from the pan
until my fingers
bleed
and I am
no less than you
mortal
left to ponder
the possibilities

Chanting
There
in the corner
white nightgown
blue toes
hovering over
a solid floor
not looking up
towards what might be
pressure
like pins
and the sun
collapses
under its weight









No comments:

Post a Comment