Saturday, January 25, 2014

It was a dark and stormy night.......

kissed
sound of sleep
piece of me
holding still
the quiet surface
of home
pressed against
my lips
waiting to be

sole (soul)
little 
red shoes
inquisitive eyes
how light
the sound
of bells
trickle down
the full moon
dreaming
closing hope
there are
no students here
only 
the wandering 
blind
from the cold
Follow
Follow
Throw it all
away
and speak
from your heart
as if
you were
a prophet
kneeling humble
and wise
Never succumb
to the powers 
that be
trickle in
the poor
and the 
weak
and provide
shelter-
masses of 
smiles
strangers
made friends.

Watch
se-ren-ity
quiet comfort
speak of
sweet things
and fear not
the rising storm

vampire
slip
tucked under
skirt
peaking out pink
whispering hello
on the soft kisses
of youth
drained dead

disappear
there is
a secret tunnel
underneath
this house
where shadows
harbor remembered
and soft kisses
on cold nights realized
where 
the pitter
patter
of footsteps
provides comfort
Take me there
to that old house
and bury me
in the backyard
when I grow old
throw my pictures
in my grave
and throw dirt
over my face.

fright

beware the slow turn
shatter ribs spine in cages
how temporary

Monsters
Can you hear?
echo past
there are plenty 
of things 
to run
from.


2 comments: