Thursday, June 6, 2013

7 New Poems...

1978
Discarded masks
sit on the wooden island
the crinkling
of plastic bags
tiny fingers
pursuing their favorite
piece
of brightly wrapped candy
black and white zigs and zags
wavering from the television
"Creature Feature"
waving good night
from the rolling screen
a noise
echoes
from the dark corner
of the house
an unlocked door
whipped by the wind
the blade
of a knife
rounds the corner
I am muted
and all that can scream
is the ringing
in my ears

Envelope
Wrinkled words
on blue lines
of paper
telling you
how much
I used to
love you
your photograph
sits
turned
on my desk
away from
the light
placed in the dark
so that my heart
doesn't have
to see it anymore
and the fragile
wonders
of what once were

Blue
This sharp
and sexy turn
this rolling
and beating heart
I will wait
for you
and follow you
and turn the course
when you beacon
it is only
love
that makes me feel
this way
only the sound
of your voice
deep and vast
drowning out
the empty room
as I
pull closer
against your chest
the feathers
in a pillow
cradled to sleep
by the idea
of having you near

Lipstick
Plain Jane sitting down
Yellow curls atop red
Pins falling out kiss

Fall
Shuffle.  Step.  Shuffle.
Hold my waist
real tight
place your arm
around my shoulders
until the music stops short-
Shuffle.  Step.  Shuffle.
Heel. Turn. Dip.
your fingers twirl
the ends of
my hair
over and over
as if you
are trying to memorize
who I am
dip.  shuffle....shuffle...shuffle...dip.
I'll be home.
My key in the lock.
You in my heart.
You in my head.
Down
I
go.

Make believe
Pulling at the flap
of skin
around my nail bed
nervous
for the sight of you
around the corner
the smell of coffee
blond hair
in a wire cup
the smile
of a schoolboy
I once remembered
a
long
time
ago
I stand
our eyes meet
and there is nothing
but
the crescent
of the night

Cake
Mixing into light
spoon turning into the stars
licking bowl of Ain

No comments:

Post a Comment