Sunday, September 20, 2015

Bullet blows

1.Handles
These sink
into 
the bottom
of lungs
so small
that winter
wears them 
out
for a walk
down 
paths
unfamiliar
and strange
these are
the beasts
that we
feed
and the reason why
we are alive.

2. Comfort
Make me
into these
your fields
of glory
and present
my soul
as a stone
upon the 
hearts of
those
who never 
had a 
choice.

3. Water
Speak now
I beg
to hear
the voice
of a king
and the rapture
of a God.

4. Rope
Your hands
square
like stone
upon this
fragile crest
you call 
a body
made of flesh
and bone
and water
we bathe
in the lather
and stop 
for no one
but,
the sun

5. Baby
Head held
high
upon this
ground
we close
our eyes
and sleep
the day

6. Furious
How do 
I not
wait 
for you
How do 
I not
roll in 
whatever
is left
of hope
and lift
my thoughts
to it ----
STOP!!!
Things will 
never turn 
this shade 
of black
even in the 
fuel of night
when the weather
has struck cold
deep in a 
young man's 
heart.

7. Cluster
Keep the center
of the whiskey warm
freeze the rest
I find it too bitter
salt 
down
sinks
down
d
o
w
n
sails
into icy water
while the snakes
eat our bones
and the pasta
grows cold on
the kitchen table
whiskey warm
is hollow ground
it forms a bond
with the brick
that I must defend
that I will.

1 comment:

  1. Love this marvellous way of expression, thankyou dear soul:)

    ReplyDelete