Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Overkill

horror
when i was small
and younger
so much younger
than I am
now
it was easy
to believe
so easy
to find
in my
imagination
the answers
all lined up
in a row
but I
could never focus
long enough
to realize
the thoughts
inside my head
age
has given me freedom
to let
the monsters
come out

The clock
Tick
the hand 5 turns
quarter of
all around
dimly lit
in  a bright room
full of broken
promises

Plain
heavy looks
cold string beans
on a dark
wooden plate
the fork
drifts over
but does
not pierce

Sick
patch
to send out
into the world
again
the miracle
of a beating heart
and a
clear
mind

Strange
sweep aside
this anger
of things
different
and odd
collect the wind
complete the canvas

Thirst
I do not
desire
the hunger
that begs
for more

True
Ah yes
there are
far better worlds
But you
would not
be there
and neither
would I
so, I would
prefer to stay
here with you

No comments:

Post a Comment