Friday, December 13, 2013

Brand new......

Tattoo
There are angels there
amongst the ruins
closed off
from the fragile
eye
mirrors
and
paperweights
sip Earl Grey
through
wine glasses
on short
dark
foggy days
where the light
shines bright enough
to see the smile
on your face

Sugar
How I wish
for a more attentive
you
for someone
who thought
that I was
as amazing
as you are
someone
who wasn't afraid
to tell me
how he felt
or how beautiful
I was
I never stop
hoping
that this will come
true

Collect
Forget
that you
are standing
at this place
in time
Forget
that I know you
oh so many years ago
Forget
how many times you promised
or stopped
the small lies
that we tell each other
everyday
keeps our minds calm
so we can forget
that you stopped loving me
years ago
seated
at a table
on a cool night
in Autumn

Notebooks
sleep takes time
curled up
in a world
of one's own
the salt
and pepper shakers
evenly shaped and spread
out
on the neat kitchen table
the soap hand
that grabs the salt
and pours finite
on the wood
until the space is full
collapses their head
in comfort
of collecting

Save
soft
the word looks like
what it defines
the touchable
person
sweet without the sour
but i lost
the physical touch
a long time ago
before
you never looked
at me
the same
how quiet
i bleed
in this room
alone
the sinking ship
the sinking heart
falling at beats
unimaginable

Price
Turn
(the small space)
picked over
loose down
in swampy water
mud settles
to the bottom
all the unknown
keeps calm
quick
rush
against the rising tide
forget
who I am
so that you can
love me again
turn over
the fish
pour wine

Evaporate
how my heart
beats for you
not easy
not rushed
but soaring
out of the coal
swept away
by the bringer
of light
plunged
and poured
meddlesome creatures
into the warm
body of the dead
hold my hand

Disease
I am afraid
of desks
in a straight line
of ringing telephones
waiting to be
answered
of the mundane
of being lost
in normal land
of the pointless life
trickling out
of my veins
for money
per hour
please...
don't
let
me
fail.

kick
the day
and dead
holding on
when do you know
that you
are dying?
when do you
give up
and just refuse
to breath in
the air around you
to take in
anything good
when does
the point of
being alive
become lost
and you
naive
for thinking
that eventually
things will
get better
when do you
admit defeat
the battle ended
the weary
that never rose
the wave
of hope
and success
that never danced
within your bones
you were never
the best
how do you tell
yourself
when to jump
fall
cut
overdose
shoot
stop
the
pain
because
here
it comes
again
with rages
of rejection
the fallen hero
break his ribs

Shaking
Visiting
-that special place-
where nothing exists
but the air
that travels
fast and slow
the weight
of the world
breaks
crisp and clean
reborn
nestled from
an invisible
womb
to the world
a beating
heart

Cross my heart
How often
drifting
to that lonely place
where the imagination
keeps
appearing before me
the creations
my friends
and enemies
and loved ones
reminding me
to keep writing
about them
to not forget
I wave
and promise.

Engaged
cold
tingling
white walls
the cellar door
open
the clinging of glasses
warm water
from a salty rag
the sponge
wiping it all away
a hesitation to act
and then the tension
grows
first flaccid
then hard
lingering against
the rising snow

breeze
Let
the however
happen
the needless
and the want....less
remembrances
of the day
flood vision
and meander
across a broken
wilderness
where the
ragged
meet
the rough
smooth stones
of a lake
worn down
by time

poison
watchful
however merciful
wicked (are the ways)
-stealing kisses-
behind a sidewalk
bench
outlining paper dolls
their heads laying
swaying silently
in a row
stripping them if
their bond
(the unity of arms and hands)
and holding them up
against the tall fire
to burn through
before the dawn breaks







2 comments:

  1. There are no angels in these ruins. They have abandoned me to the dark in place of your Word. :+D
    As always, I love the poems. (Ever tried your hand at DARK poetry??? Like, my brand of Dark. I think you'd be good at it. ;})

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much Jimmy.....I have tried it....I will try it again....:)....:)-hj

    ReplyDelete